[imp] IDN support for horde / imp auth login.

info at interpost.biz info at interpost.biz
Tue Aug 21 14:37:26 UTC 2018

  Hello, running debian stretch repo horde (5.1.17) webmail edition
with dovecot and postfix, apache 2.4 and mariadb 10.3, php 7.2:   we
cannot login to horde (authenticating over ssl to imp) with the IDN,
but must use punycode.  I have configured dovecot to accept the
accented characters contained in the mail domains, and this doesn't
help.  Roundcube allows us to do login using the IDN  (i.e.
info at cuvé.com) , so I don't think the error is with dovecot.

Does horde authenticating through imp support IDN's fully?  If not, is
there a specific sanitizer or validator that I could change in the imp
auth process to allow accented characters? Or a library to be used. We
aren't using mbstring to do any conversion as this is very problematic
with other applications, and since roundcube works natively, it
shouldn't be necessary.

Is anyone successfully using horde + imp with IDN logins?  How?

Thanks,

  Ed