[imp] Identiies vs Aliases

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:43:35 UTC 2020

Hallo

What is specific purpose of these entry fields in the Mail/Personal
Information preferences?

Your alias addresses: (optional, enter each address on a new line)

Addresses to explicitly tie to this identity: (optional, enter each
address on a new line)

I added some email addresses (both as created identities and addresses
I can receive but do not necessarily want to send from) to both, in
the hope of allowing me to reply-as from Nine, but the only effect
that I see, is that putting an identity address means that replying
removes the identity..

For example, if my default identity is simon at example.com and I have an
identity as simon at example.net, putting simon at example.net into those
boxes, means that when an email is addressed to simon at example.net, the