[ingo] Re: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ingo/lib Driver.php ingo/lib/Driver client.php null.php timsieved.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Apr 11 15:05:45 PDT 2003

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn at horde.org>:

| On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>
| wrote:
|
| > Add list of available tests to driver.
|
| A question about this (and the commit to rule.php); you're farther along
| in learning Ingo than I am, so I could be missing something here.
|
| Ingo has some degree of separation between the script generation code
| (e.g. 'script' => 'sieve') and the "backend" or driver that's used "to
| get
| the script to the backend server" (e.g. 'driver' => 'timsieved').  So
| conceivably I can generate a procmail script, but then use a variety of
| different drivers I might write (FTP, procmaild, etc.) to activate it.
|
| As it stands now in CVS the "list of available tests" is hardcoded into
| the Driver (backend) code.  I would tend to think the list of available
| tests relates to the script generation code, not the backend code.  Is
| that the direction you're eventually moving?  Or is there an assumption
| that a given Driver will always assume only one allowable script type?

You are probably right.  I didn't pick up on that very well when I added
this.  It looks like what I (or you) need to do is to create a separate
driver system for 'Ingo_Script' that deals with the actual generation
and/or performance of the filters.  'Ingo_Driver' makes sense as the item
to 'move' the rules to where it needs to live.  So I will (eventually)
remove 'client' from Ingo_Driver and instead change it to 'Ingo_Script'.

BTW, I was thinking that it might be a better idea (or an additional option)
to store the filter/blacklist/whitelist information in SQL instead of
prefs.  Maybe this can be an option for the null driver.  Or maybe we can
split the null driver into a 'prefs' driver and a 'sql' driver?

michael