[ingo] timsieved.conf

Aide Florent faide at alphacent.com
Thu Apr 17 10:19:31 PDT 2003

Hello Kjer,

Here it my timsieved.conf it comes from /usr/lib/sasl

( this is for Cyrus Timsieved 2.1.x )

Just a little note: as you can see timsieved is configured to use pam, so if
you want this kind of setup you then need to also configure pam correctly to
handle the timsieved auth requests.

You should need something like this in pam.conf

# sieve
sieve   auth       sufficient   /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
sieve   auth       required   pam_unix.so
sieve   account    sufficient   /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
sieve   account    required   pam_unix.so

or slightly modified if you use the pam.d method.
the above is just an example  which works for me since it uses ldap, but you
can choose from any other pam module.

You should definitively read the documentation that comes in the source
tarball of Cyrus Sasl... especially doc/sysadmin.html

Have a good day.

Florent AIDE