[ingo] rule-overview enhancement - how to create patch?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jun 23 15:08:48 PDT 2003

Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:

| Hi!
|
| > | I want to send a patch. But how do I create it? I tried "cvs diff",
| etc.
| > | Can anyone send me an exact command?
| >
| > diff -u alteredfile originalfile
| Ok, thank you. I did an "cvs -u > ingo.patch" and deleted the lines which
| were
| wrong. Now I hope it works. So here comes the patch!
|
| What does the patch?
| - show a short summary of the rules for each filter in the filter-list
| - provide another checkbox in the prefs to switch it on and off

I've gone ahead and implemented this, with one major change - these rules
now appear in a 'tooltip' instead of in each rule entry.  This seems like
exactly the sort of thing to put in a tooltip instead of explicitly on the
page - it is handy information on this screen, but not critical, and having
_all_ rule information displayed on the page at once would be too confusing
IMHO.

Feedback is welcome.

michael