[ingo] Disabling the default rules

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:17:42 PDT 2003

Quoting Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de>:

| Michael M Slusarz schrieb am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2003 um 11:13:21 -0600:
| >
| > This is all handled in ingo HEAD - remove the unwanted actions from the
| > Imap_Script_sieve:: class.
|
| This is no option for us. At least this is what I was told :-(
| I think I have to edit the array in prefs :-)

No. That is incorrect.  Currently, all users maintain entries for vacation,
blacklist, and whitelist even if their backend doesn't support it.
Removing the blacklist/whitelist/vacation entry directly from the rules
default preference will result in breaking ingo badly. Rationale: If you
ever switch backends, you want to have an entry for these items so you
don't have to go back and modify everyone's preferences.

Thus, you must instead inform ingo that you do not want your backend to be
capable of performing the given action (e.g. vacation).  The default for
Ingo_Script_* drivers is to handle all categories. Therefore, you should
override this by adding the following to Ingo_Script_sieve:

    /**
     * The categories of filtering allowed.
     *
     * @var array $_categories
     */
    var $_categories = array(INGO_STORAGE_ACTION_BLACKLIST,
                             INGO_STORAGE_ACTION_WHITELIST);

michael