[ingo] Re: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ingo filters.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Jul 6 02:56:44 PDT 2003

I think the ingo list is more appropriate for this discussion.

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> | Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
> |
> | > slusarz     2003/07/05 16:28:24 PDT
> | >
> | >   Modified files:
> | >     .                    filters.php
> | >   Log:
> | >   We only skip rules if they are disabled, not if we are not showing
> | > their
> | >   menu icons.
> |
> | But it doesn't make sense to show the rules for these actions if the
> user
> | actually disabled them. I did this as requested by a user feedback on
> the
> | ingo list.
>
> I assume you are talking about Leena Heino's request.  However, reading
> his
> post he was either a) talking exclusively about RELENG_1, or b) his CVS
> was
> really out of date since there is no 'show_rules' preference anymore.
>
> In HEAD, we never show the actions that a driver can't support. (e.g. if
> using the imap driver, neither the forward nor vacation rules are
> displayed
> anywhere).  Switching off one of the 'display_*' preferences should most
> certainly not prevent you from viewing those pages.  I have show
> white/blacklist turned off, but that doesn't mean I don't want to access
> them - just that I don't want them on my menubar.

I'm more with Leena here. I'd expect the vacation rule for example to
disappear completely if I select to not show it in my options. Be it in the
menu bar or in the rules list.

But I have not such a strong opinion about this as I enable all rules
anyway. ;-) So I'll leave this discussion to people who actually use these
preferences.

Jan.