[ingo] Re: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ingo filters.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 7 21:25:29 PDT 2003

| I'm more with Leena here. I'd expect the vacation rule for example to
| disappear completely if I select to not show it in my options. Be it in
| the
| menu bar or in the rules list.
|
| But I have not such a strong opinion about this as I enable all rules
| anyway. ;-) So I'll leave this discussion to people who actually use
| these preferences.

Moot point since I removed this preferences anyway.  There isn't a whole lot
of menubar clutter in ingo anyway, so the added overhead of these
preferences (not to mention our confusion on how they should work) didn't
make sense.

My personal vision (and how I am shaping ingo): users shouldn't be able to
'hide' rule types (e.g. vacation, blacklist, etc.) themselves.  If they
don't want to use them, just disable them - but there isn't a good reason
to have a preference to allow them to 'hide' them IMHO.

michael