[ingo] Re: Can't create rule

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Jul 22 11:01:27 PDT 2003

Quoting Simon Birt <simon.birt at accucard.com>:

| > | Any ideas on what I've got wrong?
| >
| > Sure - you didn't update your config files.
| >
| > michael
|

| Just to be sure, I did a fresh checkout of ingo from CVS. I still got
|
| Notice: Undefined variable: current_action in
| horde/ingo/templates/rule/footer.inc on line 30
|
| Notice: Undefined variable: current_action in
| horde/ingo/rule.php on line 228
|
| Further investigation reveals the culprit: the procmail driver supports
| white/blacklist but not other rules, so the procmail class does not
| define $_actions, and thus the loop in which $current_action is defined
| (in rule.php) never executes. I think...

Actually, it is set (in the parent class lib/Script.php), but we were never
checking on the filters/rule screens to see if the driver supported
creation of new rules.  I have fixed the code to make the rules screen
unavailable to the user if the driver doesn't support creation of rules
(e.g. current procmail driver).

| Will the procmail driver ever support other rules, or should I be
| looking to change to a sieve based arrangment? Or is any help required?
| It would be a good opportunity for me to learn php :-)

Sure - the procmail driver can easily be extended to support additional
rules - noone has contributed the code as of yet.  If you are willing to
learn some PHP to help us out, that would be great :)  To support
additional rules, the procmail driver will most likely end up looking a lot
like the sieve driver so that file can be used as a starting point.

michael