[ingo] Ingo and Sieve IMAP flag Extension

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Wed Sep 24 00:56:17 PDT 2003

Hi List!

I have a problem regarding how ingo builds the sieve script for setting IMAP
flags on messages.

E.g. if I want a filtered message to be flagged as seen, then ingo build a
script like:

if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "To"
"virusalert at domain.net"  {
    addflag "\\Seen";
    fileinto "Archiv.virusalert";
    removeflag "\\Seen";
    stop;
}

This "removeflag" seems to crash cyrus' lmtpd silently with error code 75
but the message will be delivered nevertheless (!!!), so all mails which
should be flagged will be delivered and flagged correctly _and_ stay as
duplicate in the mailqueue. *brrrrr* I had spent a lot of time to figure
this out...

Regarding to the corresponding Internet Draft
(http://www.globecom.net/ietf/draft/draft-melnikov-sieve-imapflags-00.html)
I think this should work without an error, but I miss the sense in the
action "removeflag". If I change the script and delete the "removeflag"
action, all is working fine, lmtpd exits with status 0 and the messages
will be flagged and moved and all you want.

So what should the "removeflag" do exactly? Could we leave it out completely
or, if this action has a sense, can we accomplish this in another way, so
cyrus' lmtpd won't have problems?

Can I help with providing more infos?

Thanks,
Daniel