[ingo] Problems with Ingo HEAD & VFS

Kristof Pelckmans kristof.pelckmans at antwerpen.be
Wed Oct 22 00:53:18 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to get VFS working in order to modify my procmailrc file, but I can't
seem to get VFS configured properly.

I noticed that there are two packages available : VFS and Horde_VFS. What is the
 difference between them ? Is one dependent on another ?

I did a pear config-set preferred_state beta.

When I do pear install VFS, I get the following error message from INGO :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: writedata() in
/home/httpd/htdocs/cvs/horde/ingo/lib/Driver/vfs.php on line 54

This seems normal to me, since the implementation of writedata does not exist in
/usr/lib/php/VFS.php. writeData does exist, but with an implementation :

function writeData($path, $name, $data, $autocreate = false)
    {
        return PEAR::raiseError(_("Not supported."));
    }
So not of much help either.

When I uninstall VFS and pear install http://pear.horde.org/Horde_VFS, I get the
following error message from INGO :
Fatal error: setscriptactive(): Failed opening required 'VFS.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in
/home/httpd/htdocs/cvs/horde/ingo/lib/Driver/vfs.php on line 52

>From this error, I conclude that INGO does not have /usr/lib/php/Horde in its
include_path. Can this be the problem ?

I am not familiar with php nor with pear, so if someone could point me out what
I am missing here, I would really appreciate it !!!

Below I include the output of pear info on the two packages concerned.

Best regards,

Kristof

pear info Horde_VFS
About Horde_VFS-0.0.1
=====================
Provides        Classes:
Package         Horde_VFS
Summary         Virtual File System API
Description     This packages provides a Virtual File System
                API, with backends for:
                * SQL
                * FTP
                * Local filesystems
                * Hybrid SQL and filesystem
                ... and more planned. Reading/writing/listing of
                files are all supported.
Maintainers     Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> (lead)
Version         0.0.1
Release Date    2002-09-24
Release License LGPL
Release State   alpha
Release Notes   Initial release as a PEAR package
Release Deps    PHP >= 4.2.0+
Last Modified   2003-10-22

pear info VFS
About VFS-0.0.4
===============
Provides        Classes: VFS, VFS_file, VFS_ftp, VFS_musql,
                VFS_sql, VFS_sql_file, VFS_Browser, VFS_GC,
                VFS_ListItem, VFS_Object
Package         VFS
Summary         Virtual File System API
Description     This package provides a Virtual File System API,
                with backends for:
                * SQL
                * FTP
                * Local filesystems
                * Hybrid SQL and filesystem

                ... and more planned. Reading/writing/listing of
                files are all
                supported, and there are both object-based and
                array-based interfaces
                to directory listings.
Maintainers     Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> (lead)
                Jon Parise <jon at horde.org> (lead)
                Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> (lead)
                Jon Wood <jon at jellybob.co.uk> (developer)
Version         0.0.4
Release Date    2003-09-09
Release License LGPL
Release State   beta
Release Notes   * Default ftp driver to port 21.
                * Distinguish between connection and
                authentication errors in the ftp driver.
                * Clean up temporary files if the FTP driver
                wasn't able to retrieve a file.
                * Add exists() method.
                * Add emptyFolder() method.
                * Add $recursive parameter to all deleteFolder()
                implementations.
                * Add FTPS support.
Release Deps    PHP >= 4.2.0+
Last Modified   2003-10-22