[ingo] Ingo and Sieve IMAP flag Extension

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang.rosenauer at an-netz.de
Mon Nov 10 03:37:52 PST 2003

Hi,

Daniel Eckl wrote:

> Well, I commented out the php script lines which are adding the "removeflag"
> action and since then it works like a charm.
>
> This flag seems to work like specified in the RFC's and not "mode like".
>
> Greets
> Daniel
>>
>>On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 18:33, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>
>>>The reason is that these flags are not single message flags but rather
>>>"modes". That means that each message that is filed after "addflag"
>>>will get this flag, not only the message handled in the if block.
>>>
>>>Jan.

after a long time, I want to track this down again ;-)
Any news from you guys about that?

As I understand the RFC the addflag option add this flag for all
messages which will pass the addflag code.
Now if a message should be handled in two different cases and should get
different flags this will be a problem. But I use "stop" immediately
after "fileinto" so this message will only be handled once. Perhaps this
is what cyrus-imapd doesn't like?
I wouldn't say mode-like to this behaviour. It's just that an addflag
adds a special flag to a message until the sieve script ends for this
special message.

Have anybody tested what happens if the same message will processed in a
later condition and should get other flags?
As I understand the RFC you need the removeflag then after fileinto or
keep. But maybe this works with cyrus?

CU,
  Wolfgang