[ingo] horde administrator

Matthew baker m at wheres.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 04:16:35 PST 2003

Hi,

	easiest way I've found is to paste this into a file called passwd.php
somewhere other than you site root (so ppl external can't see it).
e.g.
$ cat >passwd.php

----- Start ------

#!/usr/local/bin/php
<?php
$pass = md5('$ARGV[0]');
echo $pass . "\n";

?>

------ End --------

make it executable:

then run it like this

./passwd.php <yourpassword>

(replace <yourpassword> with ahhem do I need to say ;)

Copy the output into the horde_users table in the user_pass field (in
the horde database... etc) and give the user_name field a name. =]

Then check these:

1. Open horde/config/conf.php and check that the username you entered
above is in the :
	$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('matt');
e.g. I'm an admin on my system so replace your username where 'matt' is
above.

2. Make sure the auth is done by horde. Make sure these lines are
commented out (for now):

	$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
	$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';

Thats it. You should now be able to login as the user you added to the
db and do admin functions.
If you later let imp do the authentication you can add an imap username
to the auth/admins array. That way you don't have to change auth methods
when you want to add new modules, regen conf etc...