[ingo] migrate from client side to procmail filtering?

slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Mar 24 08:44:05 PST 2004

Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:

> hello list!
>
> we are using horde with imp/turba/gollem/vacation/forwarding/ingo since last
> summer very successfully (thanks for great work!).
> since then we were using ingo with filtering on the client side, so all rules
> are saved in a local mysql database. now we would like to change this to
> procmail. but what about the already existing rules in the sql database? can
> anyone explain to me how the rules are saved? or maybe even has some
> script or
> a good idea how to migrate them into procmail rules?

If I am understanding you correctly, you are currently using ingo for your
filtering rules and your ingo rules are stored in your preferences
store, which
is a mysql databse.

If this is correct, than you don't have to do anything to convert - ingo has
stored these rules in its own internal format (which is not tied explicitly to
any filtering backend).  You may have to manually write a script that will
actually produce the procmail script/download it to the correct location for
each user so that every user does not have to login and click on "Generate
script", but as far as playing with the internal data structure you don't have
to do anything at all.

michael