[ingo] Using Ingo without prefs

slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Mar 24 08:50:11 PST 2004

Quoting lst_hoe at 79365-rheinhausen.de:

> Hello
>
> I tried to use Ingo in our Webmail System. I have it working to
> create rules and
> store it with timsieved and the rules do what they should.
> What is not working is displaying of created rules. I always get an
> empty screen
> like no rules were defined.
> Is it mandatory to have changeable prefs for this? Is there any documentation
> for Ingo?
> We have set the entry in the horde config files to "none" because the user
> should not be able to "customize" their webmail interface.
>
> Versions :
> IMP 3.2.2
> Horde 2.2.4
> Ingo newest RELENG

First off, just a note that the current RELENG is not really supported at all
and will never reach production state so be aware of that.

Second, ingo requires a preferences backend.  Ingo does not parse the contents
of any given filtering agent (i.e. sieve script, procmail script) to determine
the current filtering set - instead, it needs to maintain its own
internal data
structure of the current rules.  This data structure is stored in the user's
ingo filters preference.  Without a preference backend, ingo has no way of
keeping track of a users preference and, thus, no way of generating the final
script.

michael