[ingo] doc writer feedback: consistant lables within the application

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 17 03:17:02 PST 2004

Zitat von Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> Our doc writer had the following feedback re: the ingo interface...
>
>     ...Within IMP, click the Filters icon.  That takes you to a tool for
>     creating Rules. (Don't know why, but the Filters icon changes into
>     a Rules icon at this point, and you end up with a Rules list instead
>     of a Filters list.)...

"Filters" is the application name, customizable through registry.php, while
"Rules" is a fixed menu entry. Using the application name in the menu is no
good idea IMO, so I made a compromise and changed the menu item to "Filter
Rules".

>     ...Back on the Blacklist page, instead of "Discard," the option is
>     "Delete message completely." Some users may wonder if these are
>     really the same thing or not. Could we suggest that Ingo be more
>     consistent in naming things?...

Is consistent "Delete message completely" now.

>     ...A Select Target Folder pop-up menu will then appear.
>     (This seems confusing -- to call it a mailbox in one menu then
>     switch to calling it a folder in the menu right next to it.)...

Is consistent "folder" now.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/