[ingo] Igo 1.0.1/Imp 4.0.1/Cyrus 2.2.10 / Sieve backend

Sergey Dushenkov dusha at mcl.ru
Sun Jan 30 01:33:32 PST 2005

Hi,

Sorry for this question but I'm experiencing lack of the documentation on
the subject how to configure Ingo to use timsieved driver with Cyrus imapd
installed on the same machine as Horde/Imp/Ingo/Httpd...

What I have done:

1. I have installed Horde/Imp/Ingo as per documentatuion filse in
appropriate doc/INSTALL files.
Everyhting is fine with Horde and IMP. Filters are also seems to be working
in "limited" mode - I see only black and white list options and everytime I
create a new rule, it appears in the list, but not in the appropriate Cyrus
mailbox sieve folder.
That make me thinking that I should configure something elese in order to
make Ingo use timsieved (backends.php).

2. I have tried to edit ingo/config/backends.php
I have commented out all non-sieve examples and slightly modified sieve
example to match my config.
Now it looks like:

<?php
$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => 'mcl.ru',    //mcl.ru is my e-mail domain
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => 'localhost',   //localhost because cyrus is installed
on the same machine
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo'
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array()
);
}

But afterwards, IMP stops working. Just cannot complete login, an empty page
is issued.
When I revert back to backends.php.dist - everything is fine again (but
without sieve).
BTW, I have also noticed that in Admin - > Setutp - > Ingo  there's a
drop-down list for "storage driver" but only "prefs" option is available for
selection.. Is that OK?

As for the Cyrus part, Sieve itself is working fine, I have tested it
manually with "sieveshell" utility.
Here is the output form telnet:

telnet localhost sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.10-Invoca-RPM-2.2.10-3.fc3"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
"STARTTLS"
OK

Please help me with step-by-step instructions on how to turn on sieve in
Ingo and do it the right way...

Thanks in advance,
Sergey