[ingo] Choosing backend

alex@milivojevic.org alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Jun 2 13:11:57 PDT 2005

According to mail list archives, Ingo doesn't support multiple backends
directly.  What I'd like to do is to choose the backend in config/backends.php
based on the mail server user is authenticated against (I'm using IMP for
authentication).

Basically something like:

switch ($???) {
case 'server1':
   // define backend for server1 here
   break;
case 'server2':
   // define backend for server2 here
   break;
// and so on
default:
   // failsafe backend
}

But, I'm missing the "$???" part.  I guess there should be some global variable
exported by IMP module containing that info (or a function returning it), but I
haven't been able to find it.

BTW, in archives, I found response from Jan suggesting several workarounds to
get multiple backends.  One of them was to install several copies of ingo with
different names.  I also played with that approach (not particulary liked it),
and found out that apart from Horde's config/registry.php I also needed to edit
ingo-*/lib/api.php and ingo-*/lib/base.php files changing references to "ingo"
to the new names.  In case I need to implement something like that in the
future, are those the only changes needed?  Or is it safer not to play with
multiple instances of Ingo?