[ingo] sieve backend and regular expression

Markus Passerschröer mp at dunix-data.com
Mon Aug 22 13:23:01 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using Ingo H3 1.01 with sieve-backend on cyrus 2.2.12.

Mails are being scanned by spamassassin. I want to filter mails with more than
9 asterisks in the X-Spam-Level header with the regex \*{10,}

When I activate the script, I get this error message: "There was an error
activating the script. The driver said: {38}script errors: line 6: Unmatched
\{"

This is the generated script:

1: # sieve filter generated by Ingo (August 22, 2005, 9:57 pm)
  2:
  3: require ["imapflags", "fileinto", "regex"];
  4:
  5: # Spam
  6: if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :regex "X-Spam-Level" ["\\*{10",
"}"]  {
  7:     addflag "\\Seen";
  8:     fileinto "INBOX.Spam";
  9:     removeflag "\\Seen";
 10: }
 11:
 12:

Seems like
1. Ingo escapes the backslash, which, correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't be
escaped
2. Ingo splits up the regex after the comma, which shouldn't happen either
(again, correct me if I'm wrong ;-) )

Cheers,
Markus