[ingo] auto filter

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Oct 25 19:48:57 PDT 2005

Quoting Joselito Fenix <jojo_mti at yahoo.com>:

> hi,
>
> dont know if somebody already posted it but anyway i
> just wanted to know if ingo do have a feature to
> FILTER AUTOMATICALLY? right now i just click the apply
> filters button manually to filter out the selected
> addresses base on my rule. tnx

It depends what backend you are using.  If you are using something like
Sieve or Procmail, then Ingo becomes a frontend to those, which run at
time the messages are received.  If you are using Ingo with the IMAP
client side filter, then you have to initiate the filtering.  But I
imagine you could code up a maintenance task that would do it
automatically.  I use server-side filtering (Sieve) so I'm not all that
familiar with what the IMAP client side filter can do.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator