[ingo] Remote sieve not working?

Paul-Erik Törrönen paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi
Fri Dec 2 06:26:46 PST 2005

Hello, we have the following setup running:

server1 (FC4):
Apache 2.0.54-10.2
PHP 5.0.4-10.5
MySQL 4.1.15-1.FC4.1
Horde 3.0.5
IMP 4.0.4-RC2
Turba 2.0.3
Kronolith  2.2-cvs
Gollem 1.0
Mnemo 2.0.2-RC1
Passwd 3.0
Nag 2.0.2
Ingo 1.0.2-RC1
'pear --list' shows that both Net_Sieve (1.1.1) and Net_Socket (1.0.6)
are installed

server2 (FC4):
Cyrus-imapd 2.2.12-6.fc4
Postfix 2.2.2-2

server3 (CentOS 4.2):
openLDAP 2.2.13-4

Server2 has sieve enabled and we can telnet from server1 to the sieve
port on server2 succesfully.

Horde is configured to use the openLDAP on server3 to authenticate it it
works likewise. Using an imap-client (Outlook, Evolution and whatnot) we
can read the email as required from server2. The Imp works likewise.

But. the filter rules on server1 do not work at all. We have enabled
Ingo by logging on Horde as admin and in the Administration/setup Ingo
is shown as 'application is ready'. There is a Filters-section available
under the Mail-branch. Also We've commented out from the

$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => 'server2',
    'hordeauth' => 'full',
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => 'server2',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo'
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array()
);

Running tcpdump on server2 filtering for the sieve-port shows no traffic
(except when we do the telnet test). Running Horde in debug-mode shows
nothing out of the ordinary.

Is there something that we have forgotten here?

BTW I read Andy Nash's discovery¹ of the missing ?> in the configs and
looking through the config-files noted that all config-files have the
end tag missing including those created by the Horde administration, is
this correct?

¹ http://lists.horde.org/archives/ingo/Week-of-Mon-20050829/000919.html

With regards,

Paul-Erik