[ingo] Remote sieve not working?

Paul-Erik Törrönen paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi
Fri Dec 9 02:49:19 PST 2005

Hmm.. back with another related problem. I got the sieveshell to work,
and the reason was that I need to give both '-a <user>@<domain>' as well
as '-u <user>@<domain>' parameter in order to correctly authenticate. I
have also succesfully tested this from a remote host so the timsieved
works properly. However when submitting filters with Horde/Ingo, I still
get the "There was an error activating the script. The driver said:
"Authentication Error". The backends.php contains only the following:

# cat backends.php
<?php
$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => 'server2',
    'hordeauth' => 'full',
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => 'server2',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo'
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array()
);

Does Ingo pass both the user and authname-value when it talks to the
timsieved (with the "'hordeauth' => 'full'")? I'm not that proficient
with the tcpdump, and it seems that the user-information goes within
encrypted data so I'm unable to confirm this myself.

Poltsi