[ingo] sieve and digest-md5 authentication

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Jan 12 08:07:27 PST 2006

> Zitat von Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>:
>
>> So...  I looked a bit more into this.  It seems like 'PLAIN' is passed
>> as logintype to Ingo_Driver_timsieved constructor regardless of the
>> value in configuration file!?  So it is always set to PLAIN.  I'm
>> digging through the code currently, trying to figure out what is going
>> on here.  As temprorary workaround I simply patched timsieved.php to
>> pass empty string as logintype to Net_Sieve constructor (in two places).
>>   Which, BTW, would be better choice for default logintype (line 27 of
>> timsieved.php), since this allows Net_Sieve to choose one of the auth
>> types offered by the server.
>
> Patch?

Well, I'm still figuring out what is going on here (why that
constructor is always getting 'PLAIN' as value of logintype, regardless
of the setting in configuration file).  If I manage to figure it out.

The "workaround" patch is included.  However, it is only a workaround
for folks that have same problem as I have, and need to get it working
now.  It is not solution to be included into release or commit into CVS.