[ingo] Local creation of sieve filters

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Tue Jan 31 08:09:13 PST 2006

Hello.

I've been using a lot of the horde framework for a while for a few users
and I've had a request for better filtering handling. I'm using .forward
files on exim but I understand I can get exim to use sieve filters.

To this end I've been trying to get Ingo to create a sieve filters file
in the current users home directory, but to no avail.

I would like to know, if possible, how to get the vfs driver to write a
file to the current users home directory, without using FTP if possible.

I have looked at the backends file and no matter what I change in there,
nothing happens at all. I even found a fragment of a config to allow
Ingo to write a sieve file into /tmp, but this didn't work either.

Any pointers in the right direction would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Martin...

P.S. Does anyone know where on gmane there is a general horde list, for
framework problems that are nothing to do with any app, seems to me the
Imp list gets all that traffic and it annoys people.