[ingo] Questions about ingo backends.php

Cliff Green green at umdnj.edu
Thu May 4 09:41:33 PDT 2006

On 05/04/2006, info wrote about Questions about ingo backends.php:

> Hello Cliff,
Wie geht's?

> i found your email on this topic:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ingo&m=113892401516517&w=2
>
> I hope you can help me with the ingo/config/backends.php File.
I'll try.

> On my Emailserver runs sendmail with procmail. New mails lands in
> /var/mail/<username>
>
> My problem is, that i will set the Default value with the Name of my
>  emailusers.
I assume you mean the accountname, not their real, human name.

> e.g. 'DEFAULT' => '/var/mail/user1'
> How can i fix this, that the name of the "logged in user" declare on
>  the .procmailrc file.

What happens when you try using:

[backends.php beheaded]
>     'script' => 'procmail',
>     'scriptparams' => array(
>         // What path style does the IMAP server use ['mbox'|'maildir']?
>         'path_style' => '',
>         // An array of variables to append to every generated script.
>         // Use if you need to set up specific environment variables.
>         'variables' => array(
>             // Example for the $PATH variable
>             'PATH' => '/usr/bin',
>             // Example for the $DEFAULT variable
>             'DEFAULT' => '/var/mail/' . $_SESSION['imp']['user'],
>         )
>     )
> );

Note the variable I added to your 'DEFAULT' line.

Alternatively, I suppose you could try would be something like:

    'DEFAULT' => '/var/mail/$LOGNAME'

since procmail should understand $LOGNAME directly, without any help
from Horde, ingo, imp, etc.

Cliff Green
Business Systems & Technologies/UMDNJ
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
-- Frank Zappa