[ingo] Strange Sieve Problem

Darron Froese darron at nonfiction.ca
Thu Jul 27 14:48:14 PDT 2006

System: RHEL 4, Apache 2.0.52 w/PHP 4.3.9
Setup: Horde: 3.1.2, Imp: H3 (4.1.2), Ingo: H3 (1.1.1), SAM 0.1-cvs

Basic summary: I cannot authenticate my users to the Sieve server
through Ingo unless their password is the same as the cyrus admin user.

I applied this patch - because I was having problems after enabling
TLS and nothing worked at all:

http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2006-June/005636.html

Now, my user works - because the password for me and the cyrus admin
user is the same - no other usernames work with saving sieve rules to
the server through Ingo - but they can all connect just fine with
sivtest and sieveshell.

I just tried with the user bob and got this from Ingo:

Jul 27 15:40:26 fenring sieve[4037]: badlogin: localhost.localdomain
[127.0.0.1] PLAIN authentication failure

But I can log in through IMP and sivtest just fine:

[root at fenring darron]# sivtest -u bob -a bob localhost
S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-2"
S: "SASL" "PLAIN"
S: "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
S: "STARTTLS"
S: OK
Please enter your password:
C: AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN" {20+}
Ym9iAGJvYgBqb25lcw==
S: OK
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

That's with his normal password - if I change the password to be the
same as the cyrus admin user, it works fine here and in Ingo:

Jul 27 15:45:47 fenring sieve[4412]: login: localhost.localdomain
[127.0.0.1] bob PLAIN User logged in

Does it have something to do with the "-a" flag in sivtest and
sieveshell? Is there any way to make Ingo use it?

Anyone else seen this?
--
darron froese
principal