[ingo] Ingo : sieve backend and preference

pieter@vanmeerbeek.net pieter at vanmeerbeek.net
Fri Nov 10 01:13:59 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to horde and got my installation working fine now. However I have
one question to which I can't seem to find the answer for in the wiki,
config files or other sources :

I'm using a sieve backend for filtering rules and I noticed that horde keeps
it own copy of filtering rules in the prefs backend (an sqlite3 backend in
my case) when rules are created using horde. Suppose you have another way of
writing to the sieve script on the server. How can I get the latest rules(
ie. the modification done without horde) in my horde installation? I noticed
you can view the current sieve script, but there doesn't seem to be a way of
update the local copy (db backend) of horde. Therefore creating a new rule
in horde will overwrite the changes made by another application. Am I
missing something or is this not possible?

Kind regards,
Pieter