[ingo] importing existing .procmailrc?

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mon Nov 27 03:05:00 PST 2006

Hi list!

we are currently using mail filtering with ingo "directly" (means a
user has to log and then the filtering will take place) and want to
switch to procmail to have all filtering done on the mail server. But
several of our users have already some simple .procmailrc, in addition
we want to use procmail for forwarding and vacation instead of
".vacation.msg/.vacation" and ".forward", so (it seems) we need some
script to import the existing settings from
.procmailrc/.vacation/.forward into the horde/ingo prefs database (we
are using a mysql database as backend).
I already have a working script which can create .procmailrc for every
user with added forwarding/vacation (if it is set), but how can i
"import" these settings (or most simply a complete .procmailrc file)
into the prefs database?

As an intensive search did not reveal anything matching this topic,
did anyone already face and solve the same problem?

Where can i find deeper information on how to store the filter
settings correctly in the mysql database? (I already found out that
they were stored in horde_prefs with pref_scope="ingo", but I am not
sure about the format!)

Thanks in advance for any hints!

With best regards
    Markus

Markus Krause                                   email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS
by order of the Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry
Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99                         Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

      This message was sent using https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de