[ingo] Filter execution issues

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Mon Feb 12 20:49:27 PST 2007

Hello,

I am using the latest stable horde products and am running into an issue
with ingo filters.  Here are my scenarios.  I have an or rule setup that
states if from doesn't contain domaina.com or from doesn't contain
domainb.com or from doesn't contain domainc.com delete message completely.
Whitelist and blacklist are not enabled.  In this scenario, only things
matching domainc.com are being delivered to the inbox.  domainc.com by the
way is the last entry in the rule.  If I switch the order, move domaina.com
to the bottom and domainc.com to the top, then the email from domainc.com
will be deleted, but email from domaina.com will be accepted.

Scenario 2, I have the same or rule set up, but above the rule, I have
whitelist enabled with domaina, domainc, and domainb.  Now with these two
rules, mail is accepted from domainb and domainc only.  If I switch the
order in the whitelist, then mail is accepted from the last entry in the
list.

I am currently running php 4.3.9 (cgi) on CentOS 4.4.  I don't understand
what is going on, but this is repeatable.  I have this same rule on my boys'
accounts.  The other point is, this rule had been working for over a year on
the previous horde 3.0.x components.  Only when I upgraded to the horde
3.1.x components did I notice that the rules were no longer working.

I hope I am making sense.  Please let me know if there is anymore
information needed.

Thanks,

John Bennett