[ingo] Ingo preferences page gone after permissions set

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Mar 22 11:56:08 UTC 2007

Zitat von Marc Lueck <marc at co3.co.uk>:

> I have a new installation of Horde (3.1.3) with IMP (4.1.3) and Ingo
> (1.1.2).   There are a few others as well but I think those are
> pertinent.  These are running on Apache 2.2 and php 5.1.6.  I was
> happily using the filters myself (I am admin) but realised that my
> normal users ewre unable to.  I added permissions for all
> authenticated users (both with and without the 'Allow Rules' child
> permission), and at varying levels of permissiveness - S R E D.  All
> users are now able to create and edit rules, however the options
> page for Ingo now shows up blank, even for me.  I was keen on allowing
> users to select whether the filters executed on login, for instance,
> and now this is not possible.

You are probably using a backend the doesn't need/allow any preferences.

>   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, is there any
> contextual documentation for what the S R E D mean in the various
> applications?  It's not exactly clear, especially as some functions
> seem to work without setting any permissions, others work somewhat,
> and of course some do not work at all.

Not really, but it has been answered a few times on the list, check
the archives. By default, i.e. without setting permissions, all
authenticated users have full access. You only need to set permissions
if you want to restrict someone.
The opposite is true for share permissions. Of course other users
don't have access to your resources unless you explicitly give them
permissions.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/