[ingo] Ingo H3 (1.2-ALPHA)

Listaccount lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Mon Aug 6 16:13:41 UTC 2007

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Ingo
> Email Filter Rules Manager version H3 (1.2).
>
> Ingo is an email-filter management application. It is fully
> internationalized,
> integrated with Horde and the IMP Webmail client, and supports both
> server-side (Sieve, procmail) and client-side (IMAP) rule creation.
>
> This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems. This
> version is considered feature complete but a few bugs may still exist in the
> code.
>
> We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
> tracking system.  Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
> might still change before the final release.
>
> Ingo version H3 (1.2) is a major upgrade in the 1.x release series, including
> these enhancements:
>     * WCAG 1.0 Priority 2/Section 508 accessibility guidelines compliance.
>     * Timed vacation messages (I will be away from X to Y).
>     * Major improvements to the procmail driver, including negative matches,
>       body tests, loop prevention in vacation messages, full character set
>       support,
>     * Maildrop driver improvements, including vacation support and full
>       character set support in the maildrop driver.
>     * Sieve driver improvements, including numeric spam score tests, sivtest
>       support, and quota checks before uploading sieve rules.
>     * Filter rules can be stored in a SQL database.
>     * Administrators can change other user's filter rules.

Hello

We are in progress of testing the new release with a Cyrus/Sieve
Backend and have some questions :

- The timed vacation search per regexp for the date in the mail
header. As this depends on the mailserver/client clock we would like
to know what happen if the date fields in all or some of the
"Received" header are wrong? Is there no possibility to use the local
time?
What performance drop will be the downside of the regexp matching?

- As target for the spam-test it would be useful to get a "discard"
target. I know it is dangerous but we are already provide one in the
"Blacklist" so anotherone should not matter and the users will for
sure demand this if the site uses content filter.

- It would be nice to have a size setting for the forwarding to
support forwarding to small devices like handhelds etc.

Regards

Andreas