[ingo] Looking for a new feature....

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Sun Oct 28 03:41:21 UTC 2007

Dear List:

The users in my setup are using Filters to move their incoming mails
to specific folders based on 'from address'.

We have some projects and each project has few members.  The user
creates a Contact list in Address Book and calls it by that ProjectName.

The user has a folder in his INBOX with the project name.  He adds a
rule to move a mail to that folder if the e-mail id's match (which he
has added individually).

The project team is/may be dynamic and hence the Contact List may
change during a period of time.  In this case, he need to modify the
rule again to make the required changes in e-mail id (for that
project) so that only project related mails go that project folder.

The user has this requirement.  He should be able to specify the
Contact List while creating a new filter rule, so that, he needs to
change change only the contact list members and need not edit the
filter rule.

We are using Cyrus sieve backend.

Looking forward for your suggestions/feedbacks.

Regards,

Anant Athavale.