[ingo] [imp] can you set a filter forward to external email?

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at ctinetworks.com
Tue Nov 27 14:26:16 UTC 2007

Please direct all replies to the ingo list (ingo at lists.horde.org).

Robert Parker wrote:
> I select the Mail/Filters option from the tree on the left of the web
> mail screen, then the Forward link. I enter my email address
> (theparkers.mailbox(a)gmail.com) in the "Address(es) to forward to: "
> box. Pressing the "Save" button shows the error:
> There was an error activating the script. The driver said:
> "Authentication Error"

have you configured ingo/config/backends.php?

 > Can horde only set a filter forward to accounts "within" horde or can
 > it filter forward to external email ? (in which case what have I done
 > incorrectly?)

Once you have backends.php set up properly, everything else should fall
into place.  Look at the ingo archives in early October for the thread
"what do I have to do to save maildrop scripts on the server?"  That is
where I dealt with these problems.

Good luck,
Leland
--