[ingo] global rules reg....

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Feb 12 10:54:05 UTC 2008

Dear List:

I have some doubts on using global rules.  Please clarify, whether
what I understand is correct.

This is the text for sieve driver settings for setting up global rules...

         // The following settings can be used to specify an administration
         // user to update all users' scripts. If you want to use an admin
         // user, you also need to disable 'hordeauth' above. You have to use
         // an admin user if you want to use shared rules.
         'username' => 'cyrus',
         'password' => 'xxxx',

1. Username can be any valid Cyrus-IMAP userid.
2. If this is enabled, individual users can not have their own rules.
3. admin user means, HORDE administrative user.
4. there will only one set of sieve rules for the entire cyrus-imap server.

What I want to implement:

1. I need to create a common rule, which applies to all users.
2. As an Admin, I should control whether the common rule is editable/deletable
    or not.
3. Individual users can add their own rules.

Is this possible.

If anybody has implemented such a setup, please clarify, how to achieve it.

Regards,
ANANT.

Regards,

Anant Athavale.