[ingo] sieve script error

Noah Meyerhans noahm at csail.mit.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:11:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:57:15AM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> > Hi all.  One of my users recently started getting the following error
> > when modifying her Sieve rules in Ingo:
> >
> > ====
> > Success Changes saved.
> >
> > Error There was an error activating the script. The driver said:
> > {62}script errors: line 33: parse error, unexpected $undefined.
> > ====
> >
> > It's a simple script and the changes were trivial.  What is a reasonable
> > way for me to debug this?  The rules are stored in the prefs backend in
> > a postgres database, and it's pretty hard for me to learn anything
> > meaningful by looking at the actual data stored in the db entry.  The
> > changes do seem to show up there, as all she changed was a folder name.
> > But the sieve script is untouched and still references the old folder.
> > Is there a reasonable way for me, as the server admin, to look at the
> > user's rules in the Ingo interface?
>
> How does the generated script look like? That's the important bit of
> information.

Well, ingo never actually generates a script based on the changes.
Here's what the script looks like before the change:

# Sieve Filter
# Generated by Ingo (http://www.horde.org/ingo/) (February 8, 2007, 1:08 pm)

require "fileinto";

# Spam
if header :comparator "i;octet" :is "X-Spam-Flag" "YES"  {
    fileinto "INBOX.Spam";
    stop;
}

# visit
if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Subject" "visit"  {
    fileinto "INBOX.Admits07";
}

# rsvp
if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Subject" "rsvp"  {
    fileinto "INBOX.Admits07";
}

# 6033
if anyof ( address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Cc" "6.033-staff at mit.edu", address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "To" "6.033-staff at mit.edu" ) {
    fileinto "INBOX.6033-07";
}

# weekend
if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Subject" "weekend"  {
    fileinto "INBOX.Admits07";
}

The only change that the user was trying to make was to change all the
references to "07" to "08".

Thanks.
noah

--
Noah Meyerhans                         System Administrator
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory