[ingo] User authentication/imapd namespaces was Re: Normal 'filesystem' backend for ingo/procmail?

Allen Landsidel allen at 1001islington.com
Wed Feb 27 14:43:22 UTC 2008

> Don't worry, Horde is flexible enough that you can do all that
> without  a single user intervention.

Well I'm searching like mad and haven't yet found much when it comes to
those things in particular, any pointers on where to look / examples?

> I don't see how you could create subfolders to INBOX, if we don't
> display folders hierarchically below INBOX. That's the whole purpose,
>  the uses shouldn't have to care whether folders folder are below or
> next to INBOX. This has been decided a while ago, and it won't be
> changed.
> There's a lot of discussion in the mailing list archives, if you are
> interested in a more in-depth view at this discussion.

I'll look, I'm sure the discussion was pretty colorful, but just FYI I
*can* create folders "under" the inbox, without modifying servers.php,
if I am running Dovecot.  It just doesn't work under Courier; it
displays an error.

They shouldn't have to care, but they should be able to create them
wherever they want, and currently they can't with that particular IMAP
server.