[ingo] can't get ingo talking to timsieved

Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd spiro at knossos.net.nz
Mon Mar 31 22:49:22 UTC 2008

hi all,

i've been banging my head against a wall for a couple of days now trying
to get ingo talking to timsieved.

my impression is that I can get ingo to read and write sieve scripts
from each users' directory; however, I cannot get it to read a script
that is there, nor can I get it to add a new script.

if I create a script in the filters tab in the webmail frontend (logged
in as user), I get two messages. the first says "Changes saved." the
second says "Error  There was an error activating the script. The driver
said: Not currently in TRANSACTION state"

Timsieved is running (or at least it is being called up by Cyrus-master
correctly if I telnet in). is the error even referring to this driver?
because the "storage" thing has a driver, and the backend has a driver.

my configuration is: sendmail-spamassassin-cyrus-imap-sieve-horde/imp/ingo

versions:
(ingo)  H3 (1.1.5)
(horde) 3.1.7
(imp) H3 (4.1.6)

ingo/config/backends.php:

/* Sieve Example */
$backends['sieve'] = array(
     'driver' => 'timsieved',
     'preferred' => 'localhost',
     'hordeauth' => full,
     'params' => array(
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
         'usetls' => false,
	'port' => 2000,
         'scriptname' => 'spam',
         'admin' => 'adminid',
         'password' => 'adminpw',
         'username' => Auth::getAuth(),
     ),
     'script' => 'sieve',
     'scriptparams' => array()
);

(yes, adminid and adminpw are replaced with our details)

ingo/config/conf.php:

<?php
/* CONFIG START. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR AFTER THIS LINE. */
// $Horde: ingo/config/conf.xml,v 1.13 2004/02/11 19:24:23 slusarz Exp $
$conf['menu']['apps'] = array('horde', 'imp');
$conf['storage']['driver'] = 'prefs';
$conf['storage']['maxblacklist'] = 0;
$conf['storage']['maxwhitelist'] = 0;
$conf['rules']['userheader'] = true;
$conf['rules']['usefolderapi'] = true;
/* CONFIG END. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR BEFORE THIS LINE. */

I don't understand what the storage.driver=prefs means. I can't find a
definition for this. I've been trying to go through the code, but I
don't know PHP, and reading the source hasn't enlightened me.

what other info should I provide to help resolve this?

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz