[ingo] Issues with Fiters and Ingo 1.2

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Sun Jun 29 22:15:14 UTC 2008

I am having a new issue with the filters I set for my kids.  I have
whitelisted a few domains that I allow my kids to receive email from,
like our family domain, etc.

This is listed in the whitelist as:
thebennetthome.com

Then, I set an or rule that states, if from doesn't contain
thebennetthome.com or the other domains that I am allowing for them,
then to completely delete the email.

What's happenning is that mail coming from my whitelisted domains are
being deleted as well as all other email.

These filters worked with the previous version of Ingo as my kids were
able to send mail back and forth to each other and be shielded from a
lot of the junkmail, but now they can not, nor can they receive
anything from my whitelisted domains.

I have had these filters in place for over a year without any issues,
so maybe it was a coincidence that they were working.

I can enter actual user at domain.com entries into the whitelist and the
filters will work, but I would rather not have to enter the many users
individually into the whitelist.

What is the proper way to whitelist a whole domain.  I tried user
*.domain.com, ?.domain.com, @domain.com and nothing works.

Appreciate whatever advice and help I can get,

John