[ingo] Issues with Fiters and Ingo 1.2

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Mon Jun 30 14:08:56 UTC 2008

Quoting "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:
>
>> I am having a new issue with the filters I set for my kids.  I have
>> whitelisted a few domains that I allow my kids to receive email
>> from, like our family domain, etc.
>>
>> This is listed in the whitelist as:
>> thebennetthome.com
>>
>> Then, I set an or rule that states, if from doesn't contain
>> thebennetthome.com or the other domains that I am allowing for
>> them, then to completely delete the email.
>>
>> What's happenning is that mail coming from my whitelisted domains
>> are being deleted as well as all other email.
>>
>> These filters worked with the previous version of Ingo as my kids
>> were able to send mail back and forth to each other and be shielded
>> from a lot of the junkmail, but now they can not, nor can they
>> receive anything from my whitelisted domains.
>>
>> I have had these filters in place for over a year without any
>> issues, so maybe it was a coincidence that they were working.
>>
>> I can enter actual user at domain.com entries into the whitelist and
>> the filters will work, but I would rather not have to enter the
>> many users individually into the whitelist.
>>
>> What is the proper way to whitelist a whole domain.  I tried user
>> *.domain.com, ?.domain.com, @domain.com and nothing works.
>
> This is the expected behavior. For consistency with the other
> scripting backends, the IMAP driver matches complete email addresses
> only now.
>
> Jan.

Well that's too bad and a hard lesson learned.  I lost quite a bit of
email, that I'll need to restore.  Is this change documented somewhere
so I can reference it to others, as I definitely didn't know about it
beforehand?  If not, I'll keep this email for a time?

Any objections to opening a bug asking for the whitlelist and
blacklist to honor domain names again?

Thanks for responding,

John