[ingo] Hooks for timsieved driver host/username?

Thomas Bätzler t.baetzler at bringe.com
Fri Jul 11 07:15:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a scaleable mail solution with multiple
Cyrus message stores in the backend. I've got Perdition up
and running to map POP/IMAP to the "right" server, i.e. people
log in to the Perdition server using a login like "user+domain"
and Perdition maps that to user_d_name_a_domain_d_tld and
directs that request to the server that the user's domain is
hosted on.

My big problem is that while this works great for POP/IMAP, it
doesn't work for timsieved. Faced with the option to fix this
in Perdition or Ingo, I've decided to go for the easier target ;-)

So my question is wether there is a Horde'ish way to modify the
user and server name for the timsieved driver or wether I should
go ahead and just modify the timsieved driver?

For obvious reasons, I would prefer to have my name-mangling code
in a config file rather than in a place where it gets overwritten
by the next update.

So my question is wether there already is such a beast, or wether
the Ingo team would consider introducing such a hook in their code.

TIA,
Thomas