[ingo] Ingo Fillter does not delete message from Inbox

w3sz w3sz at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 11:02:14 UTC 2008

I am looking for a hint on where to start looking to solve the problem
described below.  I have spent the day looking for an answer in the
documents, in these archives, and on the web without success.

I am running Horde 3.1.1 on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS with kernel 2.6.15.56-386
PREEMPT.
Ingo is H3(1.0.2).
Imp is H3(4.0.4).

I am using Courier-IMAP v. 0.47.

When I use the filter on incoming email it does everything I ask except
delete the filtered message from the INBOX.  If I specify it to do so via
the Filter Rules, the Ingo filter 'moves' the offending message to
INBOX-Spam, marks it seen, etc but never actually deletes it from the INBOX;
the original message is always sitting there in INBOX.  So it is more like
it is doing a 'COPY' command than a 'MOVE', even though it is specified to
do a 'MOVE' and says it is doing a 'MOVE'...I DO get the yellow message when
the filter is active that says all is taken care of properly [e.g. 'Filter
activity: The message "delete me" from "Roger Rehr <w3sz at xxxxxxx.xxx>" has
been moved to the folder "INBOX.Spam" ]. But as just noted a copy of the
message remains in the INBOX.

If I set the filter up delete the message instead of moving it to a SPAM
folder, I get the message [Filter activity: The message "delete me" from
"Roger Rehr <w3sz at xxxxxxx.xxx>" has been deleted.], but a copy of the
message always remains in the INBOX.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to solve this
problem.

I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks in advance!