[ingo] ingo won't read pre-existing sieve scripts

Jesse Ross jross at broad.mit.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:49:28 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to set up a new Horde instance to replace one which was rendered
nearly unusable by an incautious sysadmin here (he did an incomplete upgrade
without saving config files or the database).

Ingo can connect to my timsieved, and create scripts.  Also, I can see the
pre-existing active script if I hit the "script" button and click on "show
active script".  However, Ingo does not read the existing scripts into the
filter-editing UI.  This is important because I have many users with
complicated filter setups, and Horde is our supported means for editing
them.  As things stand, they would have to look at their active script,
parse the sieve syntax themselves, and then re-enter all of their filters,
which just wouldn't work out with most of the users.

Does anybody know how to get Ingo to load the existing scripts into the UI?
Incidentally, all of the pre-existing scripts were made with the previous
Horde instance, and the comment syntax etc. looks to be identical.

Thanks very much,
Jesse Ross
Systems Administrator
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard