[ingo] Problem with Sieve and global scripts instead of user scripts

josh at endries.org josh at endries.org
Sun Jan 18 18:30:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm having the same problem Marc had way back in 2006:

http://marc.info/?l=ingo&m=115457232514596

I haven't found any resolution to this anywhere. :( If there is one I
hope someone can post it. The issue is, I think, that Ingo uses a
global script instead of a user script for a Cyrus admin user. My
email address is listed as an admin user for my domain in Cyrus, and
when I save my script it saves properly but goes into the global
namespace rather than my user directory.

I don't know much about Sieve and I'm not sure if Ingo even has a
choice of where to put the script. Maybe it just dumps it to the
server and the server chooses where it goes. If that's the case, I
suppose it's impossible to have a user script with an admin user. The
only thing I can think of is to create a separate admin user for
Cyrus, which isn't hard but doesn't seem to me to be the "right way"
to solve the problem.

Does anyone have any information about this problem?

Thanks,
Josh