[ingo] Authentication Error with Sieve

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Aug 12 11:11:33 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider schreef:
> Zitat von Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wrote before about an TLS-error, and I was checking my other machines
>> if they have the same problem.
>>
>> On an machine I found another problem about Ingo. There I cannot change
>> a script, I get this error:
>> --------
>> Changes saved.
>> There was an error activating the script. The driver said:
>> "Authentication Error"
>> --------
>>
>> So far I see my backends.php is correct, but I have added it to the end
>> of this mail. I am using Sieve and Cyrus.
>>
>> In the past Ingo did work without problems on this machine.
>
> And what did you change to break it?

I did not change very much the last years on that machine. I did not
receive a problem from users, maybe the problem excists longer.

I changed some little things on Cyrus (activating TLS), Postfix (TLS and
authenticated SMTPD) and saslauthd (changed the location of the pid-file
to inside the Postfix chroot).

Horde authenticates without any problems (I use IMP for the
authentication, what uses imap/notls).

I see Ingo uses timsieved, can I test timsieved directly?

Other machines with the same distribution are working fine.

With regards,
Paul

paul at sigmund:/usr/lib/sasl2$ telnet localhost sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-5.1"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
OK

paul at sigmund:/usr/lib/sasl2$ imtest -m login localhost
S: * OK sigmund Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-5.1 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS ANNOTATEMORE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN paul {6}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

>From Horde's conf.php:
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('paul');
$conf['auth']['checkip'] = true;
$conf['auth']['checkbrowser'] = true;
$conf['auth']['alternate_login'] = false;
$conf['auth']['redirect_on_logout'] = false;
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

imp's servers.php:
$servers['cyrus'] = array(
    'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',