[ingo] Cant save rule in ingo The driver said: Not currently in TRANSACTION state

Georg Stich georg.stich at novatec-gmbh.de
Wed Sep 2 13:05:13 UTC 2009

Hi !

If i try to activate a filter script (vacation, spam or forward) this error comes up

"The driver said: Not currently in TRANSACTION state"

I got no error in horde.log

We are using folliwing with postfix, amavisd-new,mysql,pam
	# Horde: 3.2.1
	# Imp: H3 (4.2)
	# Ingo: H3 (1.2.1) )
	# Kronolith: H3 (2.2)
	# Mnemo: H3 (2.2.1)
	# Nag: H3 (2.3.2)
	# Passwd: H3 (3.1.1)
	# Sam: 1.0-cvs
	# Turba: H3 (2.2.1)

Other posting here told me to check timesived.
It ist running and listen on port 2000

	tcp        0      0 *:2000                      *:*                         LISTEN

Also pam.d/sieve is configured to get connectde to the db.

Here is my cyrus.conf:

# standard standalone server implementation

	__snip

  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=100

  # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
#  nntp         cmd="nntpd" listen="nntp" prefork=3
#  nntps                cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=1

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/notify" proto="udp" prefork=1
}

	__snap

Telnetting localhost 2000:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.14-Fedora-RPM-2.3.14-1.fc11"
"SASL" "PLAIN LOGIN"
"SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
"STARTTLS"
OK

Ingo backends.php:

/* Sieve Example */
$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => 'localhost',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Enable/disable TLS encryption
        'usetls' => true,
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo',
        // The following settings can be used to specify an administration
        // user to update all users' scripts. If you want to use an admin
        // user, you also need to disable 'hordeauth' above. You have to use
        // an admin user if you want to use shared rules.
        // 'username' => 'cyrus',
        // 'password' => '*****',
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array(),
    'shares' => false
);

Anything else is wiped out.

So, in my opinion, it should work, but it doesn't.

Any tipps oder tricks for me ?

Georg Stich