[ingo] Ingo lost the filters

Jeff Larsen jlar310 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:32:06 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider <jan at ...> writes:

> Zitat von Carsten Burghardt <carsten at ...>:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I am using Ingo (1.2.1) as part of a new Kolab installation. I
> > created some new filter rules and the sieve script was created just
> > fine and it works. But the strange part is that shortly after the
> > configuration (maybe the next day) all my custom filters disappeared
> > from the web frontend, only the "standard" filters such as spam,
> > white and backlist are listed. The active script is still fine and
> > still shows in the header that it was created by Ingo. Any idea how
> > I can restore the configuration that is shown in the web interface,
> > maybe from the sieve configuration script?
>
> This is not possible.
>
> Jan.

Dredging up an old thread... I found it unpleasant to find "This is not
possible" when I was observing identical symptoms.

I did manage to figure out how I created the problem, so I thought I should
share for the benefit of future web searches.

I am building a new horde installation and was working on setting up default
preferences. During the process, I was deleting all the entries in the SQL
horde_prefs table so I could test my changes in various prefs.php files. Ingo
had been configured to use the Preference backend, so my rules (as far as the UI
was concerned) were lost. But my ingo sieve script was still in place on the
cyrus-imapd server.

So, admittedly this was administrator error, but the scenario is possible. I
suppose it could also happen if horde usernames are mapped to mail usernames
with a hook script and that mapping was changed, possibly leaving orphaned
horde_prefs entries in the database and creating new horde_prefs entries for the
newly mapped horde username.

I have since reconfigured Ingo to use the SQL backend directly. Now rules are
stored in the ingo_rules table and I am free to clear out horde_prefs as needed.

It is a shame that Ingo can't parse an existing script, but since I am in no
position to write the code myself, I shall not complain about it.

Jeff