[ingo] Ingo doesn't connect to sieve server

Ole Wolf wolf at blazingangles.com
Tue Apr 13 07:56:40 UTC 2010

I can't get Ingo to create sieve scripts, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

My server is an Ubuntu 9.10 using Dovecot for mail delivery. Dovecot
filters mail according to manually entered sieve scripts in the users'
home folders, and I'm able to login to the sieve manager server and
edit the sieve scripts via an external client (Thunderbird, to be
precise). So, apparently the sieve framework outside of Horde seems to
be working.

However, I can't make Ingo create scripts using the sieve server. The
detailed Dovecot log files indicate that Ingo don't even attempt to
connect to the server. I've removed everything from the "backends.php"
file in Ingo's config directory, leaving only the following entry in
the file:

$backends['sieve'] = array(
     'driver' => 'timsieved',
     'preferred' => 'localhost',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'params' => array(
         // Hostname of the timsieved server
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         // Login type of the server
         'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
         // Enable/disable TLS encryption
         'usetls' => true,
//        'usetls' => false,
         // Port number of the timsieved server
         'port' => 2000,
         // Name of the sieve script
         'scriptname' => 'ingo',
     ),
     'script' => 'sieve',
     'scriptparams' => array(),
     'shares' => false
);

I've tried both TLS and non-TLS, but to no avail. I'd rather use
Dovecot's working manage-sieve server than begin to mess around with
VFS. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

--Ole