[ingo] Required backend for Ingo

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Apr 26 16:08:21 UTC 2010

Hi

I've just updated Horde and all the components and I'm now fixing a few of the things that I never got around to actually making work in the original install.  One of these is Ingo.

When I'm logged in, I can create a rule and no error is shown, however, when I try to test this, (by sending a mail that should trigger the rule) nothing happens.  I'm fairly sure this is my fault  and that I'm not doing something..  But I'd like your help to tell me what that is.

I think I've gotten as far as working out that I need to open a back-end ( I guess I just assumed it would only apply to webmail, and therefore would trigger when and only when the user logs in (and not for example if the use is reading mail on another client - like a mobile device).  However, I can see the flaws in this assumption.  I've edited the backend.php to look like:

 43
 44 /* IMAP Example */
 45 $backends['imap'] = array(
 46     'driver' => 'null',
 47     'preferred' => 'localhost',
 48     'hordeauth' => 'full',
 49     'params' => array(),
 50     'script' => 'imap',
 51     'scriptparams' => array(),
 52     'shares' => false
 53 );

But I'm not sure what driver to put in there.

I'm using Postfix and Courier but my understanding is that for this to work properly Ingo would have to place a .forward file in the Maildir.  But currently with my setup I can't see how this would work.  In general I find it rewarding that Horde doesn't have any howtos, but occasionally it would be useful to have something to extrapolate from.

My conf.php

<?php
/* CONFIG START. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR AFTER THIS LINE. */
// $Horde: ingo/config/conf.xml,v 1.13.12.1 2007-12-20 14:05:46 jan Exp $
$conf['menu']['apps'] = array('dimp', 'forwards', 'gollem', 'horde', 'imp', 'klutz', 'kronolith', 'mnemo', 'nag', 'passwd', 'trean', 'turba', 'vacation', 'whups');
$conf['storage']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
$conf['storage']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['storage']['maxblacklist'] = 0;
$conf['storage']['maxwhitelist'] = 0;
$conf['rules']['userheader'] = true;
$conf['rules']['usefolderapi'] = true;
$conf['spam']['header'] = 'X-Spam-Level';
$conf['spam']['char'] = '*';
$conf['spam']['compare'] = 'string';
$conf['hooks']['vacation_addresses'] = false;
$conf['hooks']['vacation_only'] = true;
/* CONFIG END. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR BEFORE THIS LINE. */

I've googled, but I haven't found anything that helps (which - given my previous experience with Horde probably means I'm being ultra-dense.  I beg your forgiveness)..

Simon