[ingo] German characters with ingo

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Mon Aug 9 17:05:30 UTC 2010

  Hi!

I am using ingo with maildrop and we are suffering on two problems

if you enter a date into the from and to fields of a vacation message,
no mail arrives the mailbox anymore (and no vacation message is
processed) - but
that is not the biggest problem.

The biggest things are german special characters (ü ö ä ) - I don't get
ingo to
produce a vacation.msg with the correct german characters in it ...
instead - i got
these characters: =?utf-8?b?w5ZzdGVycmVpY2hpc2NoZXM=?=
if a german character is in it.

How do I get Ingo to handle the characters?

Server locales:

LANG=de_AT.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_AT.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_AT.UTF-8"

Horde- SQL charset is set to UTF-8

Mysql database is created with latin-1 (maybe thats a problem)

Can somebody give me a hint please?

regards