[ingo] Ingo hangs in TLS initialization

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Wed Dec 8 02:54:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a problem with Ingo 1.2.3, php-net-sieve 1.1.7, php-net-socket
1.0.9 and cyrus 2.2.13.

When I try to change a sieve rule, the entire horde application hangs
completely, even other horde pages do not load. Only when I kill the
timsieved process on the server, horde becomes responsive again and ingo
complains that it could not activate the script.

If I disable TLS in ingo's conf.php, everything works fine.

If I access timsieved with TLS using sieve-connect instead of horde,
everything works fine too.

I tried to capture the TCP stream between sieve and ingo. The STARTTLS
command is issued by ingo, but a few hundred bytes later the connection
stalls. There is no reply from timsieved to the STARTTLS command.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks,

   -Nikolaus